Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Betty Blue

Last week, before the Christmas holidays, I moved to a new place. However "new" is my parents' old house. My parents moved to a retirment condo and they left a great amount of things, from a car to a potato masher. The car is very convenient for us, thanks Mom!, but I don't need two potato mashers even though I love mashed potatos a lot, and also other utensils.
At first, I planned that we would clean up our house during the Christmas holidays but in reality I was laid low with the flu and my husband went out to an orphanage as a volunteer and except for unpacking some shoeboxes during that time I had to unpack and fold up like crazy for the last three days at the end of last year.
My husband had an event for his hobby group on New Year's Eve and he had gone out to prepare for the event while I was unpacking. He is an easygoing person and he said "we can clear away bit by bit," though I felt we wouldn't clean up our house in a year if we did it at his slow pace.
Today, after having lunch, I said we should be very busy because this situation was very incovenient and we should throw away a lot of things and install the equipment.
When I did something in the other room and returned to the living room, my husband lay in front of the TV and laughed at a stand-up comic show. Of course I got mad and my husband said that this was a recess after a meal. Just as I broomed off a box of his hobbies from a bedroom to a hallway, I thought of "37°2 le matin".
"37°2 le matin (aka Betty Blue)" is my most favorite French movie, and it was very popular in Japan when it came out. After all is said Betty is so cute and attractive. The main character, Beatrice Dalle, has a great acting talent.
I prefer the "uncut" version definitely because the "cut" version lost some important scenes and Zorg's feelings. (Zorg is the narrater of the story and Betty's lover.)
In Japan, this film is liked by women more than men. Women understand Betty's feelings and men, maybe, cannot make head or tail of her intensity.
Today I wanted to throw everything out of the window. If Betty were me, she would have done the same and set the house on fire ! Gah!

No comments: