Sunday, February 05, 2006

Dog sitting


I have been dog sitting for these last two weeks for my sister, because she is a violinist hired by a pop singer who had a concert tour and she couldn't take her dog with her on the tour.
Actually, I had never kept pets so I am not good at taking care of animals, so I don't feel at ease with any dogs even my sister's chihuahua.

The chihuahua is long-haired and light brown and looks like a tiny deer. She (it is she) is very cute, timid and a lion at home. Her lovability is her first and last bastion and she purrs like a cat for attention-seeking, because she wants to be in someone's vest pocket at all times. She is also fragile (I happend to drop her and injured her by dislocating her knee joint once, about three years ago .) That means I worried about her all the time and I felt a bit messed up.

I don't want to live in a small cage, so I don't want to lock her up. Though I had a jittery feeling, I set her off in the living room. (She is completely an indoor dog.) She placed a small piece of her crap on my brand-new rag and joyfully uprooted a small foliage plant I had just planted. Of course, I was rather upset.

At last, my sis picked up her a few hours ago. It's a relief that it's all over now, but ... I am sort of missing her.

No comments: